2018 Homecoming date is set

Discussion in 'Football' started by Derek, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Administrator

[​IMG]

“Alabama set its homecoming date for the 2018 football season.

The weeklong celebration will culminate with the Oct. 13 game with Missouri in Bryant-Denny Stadium. Game time for the football game will not be set until two weeks before game day. Information on the other events surrounding the week will also be announced at a later date.”

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/alabama_2018_homecoming_date_s.html

2. Derek

Derek Administrator

Interesting fact from the article that this will be the third straight year homecoming comes against an SEC opponent.

Personally, I like that better than having it against Western Carolina and the like.

rtr2006 likes this.
  3. Eric

Eric Administrator

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve learned that the festivities are a little bit better with an increased quality of opponent. I personally think it is smart.

4. rtr2006

rtr2006 Administrator Staff Member

I think a lot of it has to do with scheduling. When I was on campus, no game was a gimmie, I don't care who it was. So we were being very careful scheduling homecoming games. No one wants to lose that game.

5. CliffRollTide

CliffRollTide New Member

Yep, losing homecoming really sucks. We lost ours my senior season 7-0 on the last play.