Dick’s Sporting Goods pulls assault-style and semiautomatic weapons from shelves

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Derek, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Administrator

This is a bold move by Dick’s (and Field and Stream)! Not only are they removing the weapons from their shelves, they will also no longer sell to people under the age of 21 regardless if local law allows.

Whether or not you agree with this decision, it is really nice to see a company put profits on the back burner and makes decisions based on their values and what they deem best for the world around them.

http://pressroom.dicks.com/press-in...ampaign=CS2015&utm_term=&utm_content=20180227

2. rtr2006

rtr2006 Administrator Staff Member

I think it's interesting for sure. I don't necessarily agree, or disagree, but I do believe they are entitled to do what they think is right.

I also think it's interesting from the standpoint that this isn't because of legislation, it's personal beliefs. Which people are applauding now, but when personal beliefs led someone to not bake a cake for a LGBT couple, the entire world freaked out.

CliffRollTide likes this.
  3. Eric

Eric Administrator

I do enjoy seeing a company put profits on the back burner, like you said Derek. They feel their product is unsafe, they pull it. Whether you agree or disagree, I think it’s admirable to consider the public’s safety over profit.

4. CliffRollTide

CliffRollTide New Member

Gutsy move. My feelings aside, I agree with Brandon: it's easy to make a decision that's being backed by the liberal media and they can always go back to selling when all their free advertising is over.

rtr2006 likes this.