Website Update

Discussion in 'Website Announcements' started by rtr2006, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. rtr2006

rtr2006 Administrator Staff Member

All,

There are going to be a lot of serious changes over the next 30 days to Bama Nation. Myself, Eric and Derek have hired a professional company to come and design and make this website literally the GO TO PLACE for Alabama athletics.

Some of the things I am personally not concerned with at this point is having a ton of news articles being posted automatically. I'd like to use this thread to talk about things you'd like to see on this website.

List them out - throw us some ideas, no matter what they are.... we can't make it happen if we don't know about.

There's only 2 things we need from our members:
    1. If you know something who is interested in writing articles for Bama Nation let us know. This is something we've really been missing for as long as I can remember. So if you know someone, anyone, let us know. We'd like to give someone an opportunity to voice themselves.
    2. Be patient with us. Allow this thing to develop but stick around with us, hang out. Post about whatever, even if it's not Alabama related. No issues here.
    Thanks!

2. CliffRollTide

CliffRollTide New Member

This starting over is what doomed the site the first time.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator

We needed to roll back to a prior version in order to go the route we had in mind. It was better to do it now, with so few members still, than to wait until it is too late.

4. rtr2006

rtr2006 Administrator Staff Member

I can understand the frustration of having to re-register and losing all of the content that was here. Under the current software this is unlikely to occur again.

Eric likes this.
  5. CliffRollTide

CliffRollTide New Member

I understand, I was just stating the obvious.